Saints tool shed
Quote Posted on Updated on
A Man Born Blind
Scripture: John 9:25
Scope: Abridged context John 9:20-9:30
Unabridged context John 9
He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”
- “I am He” (John 9:9) The healed man’s identity
- “He is a prophet” (9:17) The healed man’s assessment
- “he was born blind” (9:20) The parents testimony
- “I was blind but now I see” (9:25) Healed man concludes
- “I have told you already” (9:27) Healed man’s Witness
Defined: a witness; statement made to establish a fact
|General:Witness; evidence; proof of some fact, An open acknowledgment, An outward sign
The tablets inscribed with the Mosaic Law (2): the ark containing the tablets
A solemn declaration usually made orally by a witness under oath in response to interrogation by a lawyer or authorized public official
Q: “Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days?”
A: “The Sabbath was made for man and not
man for the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27).
Don’t let external pressure alter the truth.
“the young man’s story never changed” (pg. 494).
DISPENSATIONS: Grace supersedes Law?
Law: This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the Sabbath day” (John 9:16).
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (Ex. 20:8) thou shalt not do any work” (Ex. 20:10).
“Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant” (Exodus 31:16).
Grace: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” (John 1:17).
“Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath” (Mark 2:28).
Our Story’s Main Character: The Blind Man
“That the works of God might be made manifest in Him” (Matthew 9:3).
Three Supporting Characters:
- Jesus, 2. Jews and the Blind Man’s Mother and Father
Each going in a different direction concerning the same issue motivated by three different MO’s. Modus operandi (plural modi operandi) is a Latin phrase, In English, it is often shortened to M.O. translated as “method of operation”. Describe someone’s habits of working (i.e. religion), particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations.
Jesus: Grace Jews: Law of Moses Parents: Fear
Jesus’ dual MO
- That we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent (John 6:28-29).
- For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8).
|THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP: What Jesus means to me is this: in Him we are able to see God and to understand His feelings towards us” Charles Schulz|
- Government Officials
- Wise Elder People
The Holy Spirit with principles instilled by those visible leaders (Conscience)
· “Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you” (John 14:17).
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me” (John 15:26).
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come” (John 16:13).
Saints Tool Shed:
The Word of God (Logos), the Blood of Jesus, Testimony, Prayer, Fasting, Giving, Thanksgiving & the Fruit of the Spirit
Your Testimony draws others to Christ by way of the Holy Spirit.
Share the Truth with people.
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death” (Rev. 12:11).
Who are Miracles for?
- The Jews tried to get the ex-blind man to recant his testimony.
- Your Testimony will be challenged.
- The facts were undeniable.
People responded negativity to his miracle however the joy of seeing for the first time may have out weighted his desire to conform to what the Jews were saying. “Be not conformed to this world” (Romans 12:1-2).
Unbelief is a poison
Even Jesus’ work was affected negatively by unbelief
“And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief” (Matthew 13:58).
Unbelief makes one spiritually blind and separated from God.
“So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief” (Hebrews 3:19)
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Rev. 21:8).
Types: (Cain, Esau & Micah)
Without (metanoia) repentance
“For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. (Hebrews 12:7).
Three essential must be operable for your testimony to work:
- Character must be solid
- Your Conduct must be reputable/noteworthy your conduct reveals your character
- Your Conversation will either cloud or confirm your character and your conduct
- Share on a person’s level
- Your Testimony if shared wisely and plainly can be a magnet to attract others to Christ.
- Make Jesus is the center of attention
- It will sow a seed that the Holy Spirit will nourish into life (page 499)
- “I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase” (I Cor. 3:6) .
“…The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy…” (Revelation 19:10).
Trust in Him!