Sermons and Lesson Outlines
Good definition and explanation of a Brasen Wall.
“For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land. And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.”~ Jeremiah 1:18-19
The first chapter of Jeremiah closes with God announcing that He had (while speaking) made Jeremiah into three things:
God used these symbols to send a message through Jeremiah to the people of Judah, and He is still using them to speak to believers today.
Part 3: BRASEN WALLS
Except in Jeremiah 15:20, which is a reiteration of Jeremiah 1:18 (above), there are no other references to a brasen wall (a wall made…
View original post 1,018 more words
Quote Posted on
Joseph remained solid at his core.
Genesis 39: 5, 7, 8a, 11-12
And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6 And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8 But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
11 And it came to pass about this time that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Old Title: Joseph Flees to Destiny
- Old Title: Joseph Flees to Destiny
- New Title: God’s Got You Covered
- Sub Theme: Living with the Blessing upon your core (spirit)
Sub Theme: Living with the Blessing upon your Core (your core refers to your spirit or essence). It is the part that resembles the most holy place (where righteousness dwells and where the blood of Christ is applied) / we are a spirit that possesses a soul (realm of thought and emotions) that lives in a body (outer court, where entropy happens). Theme:
- Character: (as Water)
- Process: (as Fire)
- Duplication: (as through out the Earth)
OT Setting/Abrahamic Covenant (Gen 17:6, 28:4 35:11)
– Abraham: “And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.” Genesis 17:6-7
– Isaac to Jacob: “And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.” Genesis 28:4
– Jacob changed to Israel: “fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; 12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.” Genesis 35:11-12
Covering coat of many colors
- Joseph (covering coat of many colors, (Reuben disqualified laid with Bildah, Simeon and Levi killed the men of Shechem when they were recovering from circumcision)
- His ten brothers hated him through a series of events as a result of their hatred and envy
- They conspired against him to slay him.
- Joseph ends up a slave in Egypt
God was with Joseph “And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him” (Acts 7:9)
- Joseph’s character was one that pleased God.
- We move closer to God when we remain true to our core, to what pleases God.
- Question: Are you pleasing God? (Heb 11:6, 1)
- Character sketch e.g. When you see two people in a conversation across the room Two people that you know you can almost guess what they are talking about.
13th Century Church Doctor: Thomas Aquinas said “The things that we love tell us what we are.” Or the common saying “Birds of a feather flock together”
14th Century Church Doctor: Thomas `A Kempis said “Thou wilt never be spiritual minded and godly unless thou art silent concerning other men’s matters and take full heed to thyself.”
Spiritually is akin to the ability keep a secret in the private affairs of others secrets this speaks to one’s character.
- Question: Am I pleasing to God?
- Character allows you to remain on track during the process:
Numbers are Character:
- Letters are Characters: You never see a 3 trying to be a 6 or a P trying to be a W.
- Characters just are!
- And as appied to individuals characters distinguish us from each other and separate us in our devotion to God.
Character Building is as WATER:
A contraction in a substance being weak yet strong
- While water in weakness when flowing downward takes the path of least resistance (going with the flow creates a vortex i.e. the War in Heaven)
- While water in strength a continual drip can bore through rock over time (consistency i.e. God as a Waymaker).
Joseph manifested an instilled core belief by refusing the advancements /fleeing from Potiphar’s wife
Joseph had the blessing upon his life aligned himself with God
- throughout the bitterness inflicted upon him by his brothers
- and his transfer to Egypt
- and being assigned tasks in Potiphar’s house.
Joseph remained solid at his core.
- Because Joseph remained focused.
- Joseph remained blessed so when his integrity was challenged by the wife of his boss
- he remained solid a man of Character.
Christ Example: “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:23).
Life is a Process.
- Life is a Spiritual Engineering Project.
- Character Building is important to Spiritual Engineering:
- What is spoken over your life is important to Character Building.
- Gravitate to that which speaks to your core
There are limitations in ministry there is a lane.
- Israel speaks the blessing over Joseph: Genesis 49: 22-26
Cause and effect or …
Newton’s third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object.
“ Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:
23 The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:
24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)
25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:
26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.”
” … not as I will, but as thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39)
“And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39).
The trials and tribulations of process is as Fire
“The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times” Psalms 12:6.
How to solve your personal Maze (spiritual fingerprint)?
How to solve your Maze? With faith that your victory is won through Christ Jesus.
“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love” Eph 1:4
Work it out!
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Phillippians 2:12
Character is molded through-out the process
- The most important thing for a leader is his team. To choose people of character is to choose people who are tracible and trackable
- Once you are of a solid character continue to stay prayerful
- and duplicate your character in the Earth.
- Once Joseph was in power and was in a position to get revenge on his brothers he chose to exemplify the character at his core that he nourished and to show mercy.
OBEDIENT people of character are reliable as the sunrise
Proverbs 25:19 “Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.”
Matthew 28:18-20 “ And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
2 Tim 2:2 “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
Forbearing the Process cause dissention amongst believer
Acts 15: 38 “But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.”
Paul choose Silas over John Mark to accompany him to Derbe and Lystra because John Mark was departed (skipped the process) from the work in Pamphylia.
Paul and Barnabus split
This choice split Paul and Barnabus who wanted John Mark to accompany them Barnabus took John Mark and is seldom written about further in scripture.
People of character understand the big picture and choose to serve God rather than appease man
- Solution oriented from your Core is being effective and of use in the Kingdom:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.