Quote Posted on Updated on
SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 13:20
“He who walks with wise men will be wise but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”
Friends are people who accept you just as you are and love you too much to leave you that way.
1. Friends are here to enhance your life. How?
2. Who influences your life the most? Modeling: compare & contrast implicit and explicit
Accountability: a relationship between believers wherein one has invited the other to monitor the development of character in one or more area. (pg. 381)
3. Guilty by association; others judge you by the company you keep instead of by your intentions.
4. Proverbs 13:20, promises that you will be affected by people who you choose to associate with.
5. Proverbs 13:20, implies that spending time with wise people will change your life for the better
“Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Pro. 11:14)
6. List characteristics of a good friend and those of bad friends, compare to your relationships (HW).
7. Acceptance may affect your need to fit in (Parental relationships may affect a friend selections).
8. Discover and acknowledge the role of acceptance in friendships and realize that acceptance is not a sufficient reason for choosing friends.
9. Good friends should add to your happiness and great friends are an added source of joy.
10. As we face difficulties in life friends should lessen life’s burdens. (Matt 5:3-11)
11. A friend who loves me will not try to change me. God accepts you as you are, yet He is continually at work to conform you to His image (Romans 12:1-2).
12. A friend will tell you the truth.
13. A friend is wise. A friend who loves will be more concerned about what is best for you than being accepted by you.